Problems and Solutions in the Use of the Rice Huller Machine
Table of Contents
Our rice milling equipment is sold to Nigeria, Kenya, Botswana, Italy, the United States, the Philippines, Canada, and other countries, and a series of rice mills have been used in countries all over the world. As the rice milling machine enters the markets of various countries, we have successively received some users’ questions on how to use the rice mill and how to solve the problems encountered in the process of use. In order to enable more users to use the rice milling equipment well, we gather the problems encountered by users in the process of using rice milling machines and provide solutions for the majority of users, hoping to improve their rice milling efficiency.
Rice Huller Machine
The rice huller machine is a piece of special equipment for testing the rice roughness rate and rice dehulling. The performance and dehulling effect of the rice huller machine directly affect the rice roughness rate and the quality of dehulled brown rice. Therefore, users should be familiar with and master the performance and characteristics of the rice huller machine in order to improve the dehulling effect and increase the brown rice yield.
Structural Performance of the Rice Huller
- The rice husking machine has a reasonable structure design, and it is simple and convenient to operate. The air volume can be adjusted at will, and the brown rice husk separation effect is good.
- Adopting the international advanced polyurethane rubber rollers, and the rubber rollers can move at a relative differential speed so that the brown rice is not damaged after de-husking. The rubber rollers are lint-free, non-decolorizing, and durable, and their spacing is convenient to adjust and can be used for different grains of rice. The rice sheller rate can reach more than 98% at one time, and the broken rate of brown rice is low.
- It can feed automatically and continuously. The amount of paddy can be set freely according to needs. By changing the air volume and speed of the fan, the brown rice and chaff are completely separated.
Precautions before Operating the Rice Huller Machine
The user should read the instruction manual carefully before using the hulling machine, which can help you use the machine correctly. When the hulling machine has been placed on a stable working ground:
- First, check whether the accessories and operating instructions of the rice huller machine are complete;
- Read the instruction manual carefully. When the machine leaves the factory, we will set it to the language you need, and you can tell us according to your needs.
- Startup: plug in the power supply, and turn on the switch.
- Check the belt: turn off the power, and feel the tightness of the belt with your hands. Otherwise, adjust the tension wheel until the belt tightness is appropriate.
- Check the gap between rubber rollers: start the machine and test the rice huller machine with paddy. Then carefully observe the appearance of the brown rice to see whether the brown rice sheller is scratched and the proportion of unhulled rice (the rate of one-time dehulling is over 97%, and the two-time dehulling rate is 100%); if the brown rice is scratched, the gap between the rubber rollers is small, and the gap can be adjusted larger; if there are more unhulled rice, the gap can be adjusted smaller. Be sure to adjust the spacing to a suitable position. In addition, when changing paddy varieties, as long as the grain type is different, the rubber roller spacing should be readjusted;
- After the above preparations are done, you can start using the rice huller machine.
Problems about the Operation of the Rice Huller Machine and Troubleshooting Methods
The belt sometimes has the following malfunction
(1). It doesn’t work when starting up, but there is an electric current noise.
The rice huller machine has not been used for a long time and the belt is deformed.
Solution: Turn off the power immediately, and turn the belt a few times by hand, then restart the instrument after the belt is flexible.
The belt is too loose: adjust the tension wheel to a suitable position.
Insufficient voltage: check the voltage.
(2) The belt is disconnected.
If the tension pulley is adjusted too tightly, it is easy to cause the belt to break. Adjust the tension pulley to a proper position;
Feeding speed is too fast: appropriately slow down the feeding speed.
The belt is worn out: replace the belt.
(3) During use, the rice huller suddenly stops rotating, but there is an electric current.
The feeding speed is too fast, causing the rubber rollers to be jammed by the paddy: turn off the power, and adjust the rubber roller spacing to the maximum, after the paddy grains all fall into the hopper, readjust the rubber roller spacing to a suitable distance and restart.
The belt is broken: repair the belt. The repair is unsuccessful, please replace it with a new belt.
(4) The rice huller machine can start normally, but the dehulling effect is reduced and it is easy to get stuck.
This is because after the belt has been used for a period of time, and its elasticity weakens and the belt becomes longer and loose. Just raise the position of the tension wheel at this time.
The separation of paddy and brown rice is not well
There are two situations where the ventilation door is not adjusted properly:
There is chaff mixed in the brown rice: the ventilation door is adjusted too small and the strength is not enough, which makes the chaff stay in the brown rice;
Brown rice is mixed in the husk: the ventilation door is adjusted too large and the wind force is too strong, blowing the brown rice into the waste hopper;
At this time, a little rice can be used to adjust the damper while dehulling and set the damper at a suitable position according to the hulling effect.
The discharge port is blocked
Impurities in the paddy: turn off the power immediately and take out the paddy; after all the paddy in the machine has flowed out, restart the machine until the rice inside is cleaned up before feeding.
Feeding speed is too fast: appropriately slow down the feeding speed.
Other matters needing attention
When in use, it should be turned on first, and then feeding.
After the machine is shut down, if there is residual rice in the machine, it must be cleaned up before it can be turned on again.
If there is a failure during the dehulling process, unplug the power first to prevent accidents.
The switch of the feed port cannot be opened too much, otherwise, the feed speed is too fast and the rubber roller will be stuck.
Before the dehulling, the impurities in the materials should be screened first, and the stone or rice husks in the rice should be removed using a stone remover or destoner. Prevent organic impurities from blocking the discharge port and inorganic impurities from damaging the rubber roller.
If it is blocked during the shelling process, be sure to clean the rice before starting, otherwise, the motor may be burnt out if forced to start.
When the dehulling is over, wait for the rice to come out before stopping the machine, otherwise, it is easy to leave a few brown rice in the air duct in the machine cavity.
Pay attention when adjusting the spacing: too large or too small spacing will affect the broken rice rate;
When changing rice varieties, as long as the grain types are different, the spacing should be adjusted at the same time to ensure the quality of brown rice.