Brief introduction of silage harvester
This silage harvester and recycling machine is mainly used to cut silage and then crush them into small pieces by rotating blade. These small pieces are lifted to upload to the container. Chaff harvester needs to match with 60Hp tractor and its capacity can reach 0.25-0.48hm2/h. The harvesting width is 1.3m and we also have other types with 1.35m,1.5m,1.65m.1.7m.1.8m,2m cutting width.
Technical parameter of silage harvester
|The length of crushed straw||Less than 80mm|
|Cutter shaft speed(r/min)||2160|
As for silage harvester, recycling basket is related with the horsepower of tractor and the cutting width, and you can consider the following as for reference.
|Cutting width||With Recycling basket or not||Horsepower of tractor|
With different cutting width, the parameter is different as well, and the specification of 2.4m cutting width is as follow. 58 sets blades are installed on the silage harvester machine, and it should match with more than 90HP tractor.
|Working Efficiency||1.3-1.7 acre/H|
The structure of silage harvester
Straw recycling machine mainly composed of following parts.
1. crushing chamber
2. hydraulic automatic unloading device
3. 60HP tractor
4. crushed straw container
5. PTO driven
6. Hydraulic device
Application of silage harvester
Grain stalk such as corn,sorghum straw,cotton straw,banana stalk and other grasses all can be the raw materials. The final product of chaff harvester can be used to feed animal and add nutrition of soil etc.
Working principle of silage harvester
1. Firstly operator connects grass cutter machine with tractor.
2. 32 rotating blades constantly cut the straw when it begins to work.
3. Straw goes into the crushing prat.
4. Then fan blows the small pieces into the lifter.
5. Lifter conveys the small pieces into the container.
6. Finally, the hydraulic device on the tractor powers machine to unload the crushed straw.
How to install silage harvester?
1.Operator should firstly connect straw harvester with tractor, and then adjuststhe horizontal and vertical levels of tractor and the stubble height. The length of the tractor’s suspension rod on both sides should be horizontal.
2.Adjustment of the height of chopper knife from the ground
(1) Adjust the position of the ground wheel to the hole on the side plate.
(2) Adjust the length of the pull rod according to the humidity of soil, as shown in the picture below
Advantage of silage harvester
- The crushed silage can return to the field again, which is able to add the nutrition of soil.
- Silage harvesting machine can work with high speed and can effectively improve working efficiency.
- Due to the hydraulic device, crushed silage can be unloaded easily.
- The recycling rate is more than 80%.
- 32 blades can fully cut the straw.
The preoccupation of silage harvester
1. Check and tighten the fasteners of joints.
2. Remember to remove the clay to avoid whelming working load of the machine.
3. Lacking oil towards bearing gap may trigger excessive temperature, and the operator should add it in time.
4. Open the fan cover and check whether the screws on the blade hub are loose.If loose, tighten them in time.
5.Before using the silage harvester, firstly checking whether the components are intact, whether the fasteners are loose or not, and add gear oil to the gearbox.
6. The oil height is higher than the gear teeth. Add lithium molybdenum disulfide grease to each lubrication part.
7. After the inspection is completed, silage harvester should idle for 5-10 minutes to confirm that the components are in good working condition.
8. There is no abnormal noise before using.
Operation introduction of silage harvester
- When working, the straw harvester should be adjusted to a height of 20-50 cm from the ground (the lifting position should not be too high so as not to cause damage due to the excessive angle of the universal joint).Then, the operator connects the power output shaft that should rotate for 1-2. minutes, hanging up the working gear and slowly releasing the clutch.
At the same time, you shall gradually adjust hydraulic lifting handle to the specific height that is as same as the required grass height
- During operation, the number of rows and the speed of silage harvester should be determined according to the density of the straw planting and the horsepower of the tractor respectively to ensure normal operation.
- it is forbidden to hit the soil. If that happens, you should adjust the height of the upper rod.
- you should always pay attention to observe whether the straw running outlet is smooth. If there is no straw thrown at the outlet, you should stop immediately and check if the fan is blocked.
- When turning, the straw harvester should be lifted, and lowered it after turning. Straw harvester should keep stable when lifting and landing, and it is forbidden to reverse during work.
- During the operation, you should remove the grass and other obstacles. The ground should reserve for the 3-5 meter space for the machine.
- Stop the operation immediately if you hear abnormal noise during operation, and continue the operation if everything is normal.
- Check the tightness of the belt at any time during the operation in the case of reducing the speed of the cutter shaft and affecting the quality of the crushing effect and the wear of the belt.
The maintenance of the straw harvester
It is important to check the machine regularly and maintain it in time if there is something wrong.
1.1 Check and tighten the fasteners at the joints
1.2 Check the gearbox sealing condition. The static joint surface does not seep oil, and the moving joint surface does not drip oil. It is necessary to replace the seal and oil seal
1.3 Adding molybdenum disulfide lithium base grease to each lubrication point
1.4 Remove the clay in a timely manner to avoid increasing the working load of machine.
1.5 Check the temperature rise of each bearing. If the temperature rise is too high, it is caused by the excessive bearing gap or lacking of oil. It should be adjusted or refueled in time.
1.6 Open the fan cover and check whether the screws on the blade hub are loose. If loose, tighten them in time.
2. Quarterly maintenance
2.1 Clean the gearbox and replace the gear oil
2.2 Thoroughly remove the dirt, weeds and oil on the straw harvester
2.3 Remove the V-belt and store it separately
Successful case of silage harvester machine
In this year, our customer from Pakistan and Ecuador had ordered 10 sets straw cutter machine with great satisfaction. He asked us to know about many details about it such as capacity, cutting width, tractor, recycling rate, etc. We aim to solve every problem our customer has and provide the best service and always keep our original aspiration as a salesman.
Influence by patience and professional skills, he introduced our machine to his friends after receiving the machine.
Common malfunctions and related solutions of silage harvester machine
|The universal joint shaft is broken||1. The transmission system has been jammed|
2. Sudden overload during operation
| Replace universal joints|
The machine vibrates strongly
|1. The flail knife is broken and falls off.|
2. The fastening bolts are loose
3. The rotating part has a collision
4. Bearing has been damaged
5. Universal joint has been installed mistakenly
5. Install in the correct way
|The V-belt is severely worn||1. The tension is not enough|
2. The belt length is inconsistent
The gearbox has noise and the temperature of it rises
|1. The gear gap is not suitable.|
2. Gear oil is damaged
3. Too much or too little lubricant oil
|1. Adjust the gap|
2. Replace the gear
3.Reduce or replace lubricant oil
|Increased bearing temperature||1. Lack of oil|
2. The driving shaft is distorted
3. The triangle belt is too tight
4. The bearing gap is too close
|1.add enough lubricate oil|
2.Re-adjust to flexible rotation
3. Appropriate adjustment
4. Adjust the gap
|Bad harvesting effect||1. V-belt slips|
2. The flail knife is seriously worn
3. The working speed is too fast
|1. Appropriate adjustment|
3. Reduce walking speed
|straws are not discharged from outlet, and the machine is clogged.||1. Blockage in the fan|
2. The fan shaft is in normal operation
3. The blade and the fan shaft have reverse rotation
4. V- belt slips
5. The amount of straw fed is too much
|1. Open the inlet to clean up the blockage.|
2. Machine moves forward when the fan is running normally,
3. Fix the blade
4. Tension the V-belt
5. Reduce the speed of the machine
6.Reduce the working rows
1. How to collect hydraulic device with tractor?
There are two ways to link hydraulic device according to the collecting ways of tractor as the following pictures.
Answer: The left one is vertical link and the right one is horizontal link
2. How many rotating blade inside machine?
3. How many types silage harvester do you have?
Answer: We have 6 types and each one has different capacities,please contact us to know more.
4. What is the height of silage harvesting from ground?
5. What should do if the machine hits the soil?
Answer: Adjust upper rod on time.
6. Why there is no straw thrown from outlet?
Answer: The fan at the side of silage harvester may be blocked.
7. Can the straw storage part be unloaded?
Answer: Yes, the crushed straw will directly drop to the field ,which can be considered as fertilizer to greatly increase the nutrition of soil.
If you want to buy silage harvester, why do you choose us?
To be honest, we have strong production line and professional technical workers towards stalk cutting machine. We invest great time and energy to produce every spare part even a small screw. We never let you down if once you choose us. Welcome to contact us and visit our factory at any time!